Don’t Gamble with your Vacation – Know the Facts
Peak Tahoe Rentals FAQs
How do I book a home?
- Immediately: Online booking is available-this ensures immediate quote and ability to hold your dates.
- Website inquiries: this generates an immediate e-mail to our reservation team and response and it is our goal to touch base within 30 minutes, and even during the busiest of seasons you can expect to contact within same business day when submitted before 4pm.
- Telephone: Our goal is to always be available for guest questions and inquiries during normal business hours 7 days a week. If our reservationists are on other calls they will return calls within 1 hour and we ensure contact within the same business day. Please remember you can book online, and your personal reservationist can then answer any specific question and/or make any needed adjustments to your booking when they contact you to finalize the booking.
Is booking online secure?
Yes. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place a booking. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Why should I trust Peak Tahoe Rentals with my vacation?
Smart question! There are a lot of scams and “fly-by-night” Property Managers who do not comply with the rules and regulations set by California and/or Nevada. As licensed Realtors we are bound by ethical standards, Trust Accounting guidelines and enforcement. Don’t gamble with your Vacation! Please e-mail the owner directly if you have any Questions or would like further assistance (CA License # 01726854). Please also see our reviews to ensure you too will be given a Higher Level Of Service throughout your vacation!
Are the pictures current and a true reflection of the home’s condition?
Yes. Each member of our staff is trained to make sure the guest’s expectations are accurate and we never “oversell” our properties to the guest to avoid any disappointment upon arrival…even if we have to refer them to one of our affiliate companies to better serve the guest’s needs. This reflects our commitment to supply the guest with A Higher Level of Service based on the timeless principal of the Golden Rule. We update photos regularly and of course never “photo shop” our photos to present the property in a better light. Our guests thank us when they arrive that the home is better than presented and never a disappointment. We recommend that you ask our staff when Photos and Virtual Tours were last updated and if any improvements have been made since the photos and virtual tours were last updated; and of course ask the competition if their photos are current.
Online Search/Booking Process:
- Search our inventory by entering your dates to the left and clicking on “Check Availability”
- Review the specifics, virtual tours and photo galleries of the home(s) of interest
- Click “Book It Now” or “Instant Quote” to see a full quote.
- Review the terms and conditions of the rental agreement. Check the box that you agree and you will be able to print these terms.
- Enter your contact information, and billing information.
- Finalize online booking, print your reservation details and booking #
- A Peak Tahoe Rentals reservationist will contact you the next business day to finalize the booking, review the details of your booking, ask several screening questions to make sure the home is a good fit for your group and for the home.
- Approve and Confirm: Your reservationist will approve and provide written approval and confirmation of your booking and send you the official rental agreement for your digital signature. Once the rental agreement is complete we charge your Credit Card on file for the Reservation Deposit of 50%
Not Ready to Book Online? Have further Questions?
- You are always welcome to send in a request for additional information via this website by clicking the “Contact Us” link at the top right of the website.
- After first reading all the FAQs and reviewing the online quotes, please feel free to e-mail the Property Manager directly at [email protected] or call (530) 318-7059 if immediate assistance is needed.
Why is my Government issued ID/Driver’s License Needed:
Much like the concerns our guests have with scams and fraudulent activity, Property Managers are often susceptible to the same predatory practices. Peak Tahoe Rentals needs to confirm the ID of the guest and make sure we know who we are allowing to rent our homes. Secondly, this information is required for us to be able to offer insurance to our guest and assist guest with submission of the claims.
Where can I learn more about CSA Travel and Damage protection policies:
See the link at the bottom of our website and also on the online quote. Damage protection covers accidental damage to the home or contents and allows us to either collect no security deposit or a lower amount. The Travel Insurance covers a number travel related claim items and can be purchased at anytime prior to making your final payment for the reservation.
Who do I contact during my stay?
Please refer to your formal check-in instructions for direct information for your property and to reach your Reservationist directly or our Guest Service Team. Please also see department contact information at the bottom of this FAQs page.
How many people are allowed to stay at the home?
The number of people permitted is regulated by City and County ordinance that limit the # of overnight guests to 2 per bedroom, plus an additional 4. Example: 5 bedroom home would sleep 10 + additional 4 = 14 total. This rule is based on fire code and safety regulations and strictly adhered to by Peak Tahoe Rentals. If you are not seeing a home that fits your size group, please call or e-mail the Property Manager Erik Maliska at [email protected] to make sure you are not overlooking one of our homes AND for other options to consider.
Should I consider another home that is willing to allow my group that is larger than the legal limit of guests?
No. Any owner or rental management company that allows you to exceed this rule is jeopardizing your vacation and although it may feel as though you are saving money at the time you book, that may not be the case if you are evicted and fined during your stay.
Early Check-in and Late Check-out:
Depending on the home you choose, your check-in time will either be 3pm or 4pm. Check-out time will be 11am. We love to allow early and late check-ins/outs to extend the guest experience and reduce the rush of having to complete the check-out process.We offer extensions at the rate of $75 per 2 hour extension. Extensions can be added to your booking at anytime once availability is confirmed. Ask your reservationist if this is available for your stay.
However, since it is our number one goal to make sure every home is perfectly cleaned and maintained before the next guests' arrival, it is necessary for us to first coordinate with the cleaners and maintenance staff to ensure there will not be a conflict of schedules. We therefore can typically only officially add an extension within 2 weeks of your booking arrival date and will remind you of this option at the time we confirm your final payment(s) and issue your check-in instructions.
Check-in Procedure? How do I get my Keys?
In most cases you will be able to go directly to the home and will not have to track down the Property Manager at their office to get keys. The week of your arrival we will supply formal check-in instruction with driving directions and specific check-in instructions for your property:
· Directions and links to maps
· Alarm codes, access codes and location of garage door remotes and keys
· Wifi passwords, gate and hot tub combination codes
· You can then inspect the home and contact the Property Manager upon arrival to inform them everything is as expected, and resolve any questions or concerns.
· It’s official, YOU ARE ON VACATION!
We make check-out just as easy as check-in. Instructions are posted at the home, and you’ll find the check-out process very easy. You then contact your Property Manager and let them know if there were any issues that need to be addressed before the next guest. Cleaning and hot tub tech then inspect and clean, Property Manager inspects and addresses any issues or concerns and finalizes your booking with return of any security deposit or submission of repair claims into CSA when necessary.
Can I bring my pet?
Yes. Bring up to 2 of your furry friends along to our amazing pet friendly home! There is a $100/pet fee and an additional deposit requirement of $500. We only allow guests with the best trained pets.
Our other homes are currently not pet friendly and if the home is not indicated as pet friendly on our website, we do not allow exceptions as this can be a concern for other guests that may have allergies or other concerns.
If you are interested in other Pet Friendly homes that are not listed on this website, please e-mail [email protected] for other options.
What is provided at the property, are linens provided and the kitchen stocked?
Each owner is given an inventory list before the house goes on the rental market. Peak Tahoe Rentals also does a thorough inventory of the items at the home. The house is stocked well above industry standard with all linens, towels (beach towels may not be included at all homes), dish soaps, nicely stocked kitchens, and starter supply of body and shower soap. Plus trash bags, paper towels, and two rolls of toilet paper per bathroom are also included. So remember to bring general provisions of groceries or take time to stop at one of the local grocery stores that are within a mile of the home. Most find Lira’s Market in Meyer’s a great stop on your way into South Lake Tahoe on Hwy 50.
Are Hot Tubs, Spas and Private Pools professionally treated & maintained?
Yes. We install locking devices so the parents can determine when the minors and other guests can access these amenities. Our professional pool and hot tub technicians treat, balance and order any needed service after each guest departure, and again before a guest arrival if a lapse since the prior treatment.
Are the homes professionally cleaned?
Yes, and inspected to ensure the same level cleanliness for every guest. And we have the same cleaning company clean the home each time to keep the consistency we require.
Heating, Fireplaces and Air Conditioning :
Your comfort is a top priority! We have homes with forced air heating and also homes with allergy sensitive hydronic heating. Gas fireplaces are common in our vacation homes and reduce the risk of fire or damage. This also allows the guest to avoid the hassle of purchasing firewood and the painstaking task of getting the fire started…our guests agree there are so many better ways to spend your time in Tahoe. A/C is not needed. After being a Realtor, Home Builder and Property Managers in Lake Tahoe for many years we can assure you most homes in Lake Tahoe do not have or need Air Conditioning. Lake Tahoe has wonderfully mild summers and cool nights that draw visitors from around the world to escape heat and humidity. However, homes are equipped with ceiling fans and floor fans to circulate the cool mountain air. So rest assured, after an amazing summer day enjoying all that Lake Tahoe has to offer, you will be able to simply open a window or two and turn on a fan and the cool afternoon/evening breeze will cool your Peak Tahoe Rental Home.
Are Snow Removal and Landscaping provided?
Yes. We supply these services for you! We find it hard to believe some owner’s and managers do not arrange these services for their guests before AND during the guest vacation. We arrange professional service providers for each home to complete the landscaping and snow removal. Snow removal is completed whenever there is substantial snow fall of 4”. Not only do we have the driveways cleared DURING YOUR STAY, we also make sure access to needed walkways and your Hot Tub does not become a burden to the guest. Ask our competition if they offer the same, and Book Online with Peak Tahoe Rentals today!
What if I need repairs, assistance or maintenance during my stay?
We promptly address any concerns during the guest stay and make our Reservation, Guest Service and Maintenance team available to you during your stay the same as we do when trying to win your business. We will supply you with a direct contact number to call, e-mail and/or text during your stay for any and all concerns and questions. See details at bottom of this page.
What are the benefits of a vacation home rental?
Our guests return to us over and over again due to our commitment to guest service and hassle-free accommodations you simply cannot obtain at other venues. The main benefits we hear from our guests:
1. Quality time with Family and Friends - why "meet in the lobby" when you can spend the entire time together and also have the available space to find the privacy you desire. You simply can't beat the bonding of an early morning cup of coffee or an evening glass of wine in our private hot tubs.
2. Value - when you break the price down per family OR per room, you are able to stay at a custom Lake Tahoe Luxury home for less than you can stay at a motel or hotel. No matter how luxurious the lobby is of any hotel, the experience and quality are never going to compare to the amenities and value of one of our homes.
3. Savings - the vacation budget does not spin out of control as you are able to plan meals and eat in when you prefer. We understand dining out is a big part of a great vacation, but you'll enjoy our fully stocked custom kitchens and large great rooms to the point you may decide not to eat out at all. Imagine, then you will be able to afford to come to Tahoe more often.
4. Simplicity - Hiking, biking, trails, snowshoeing, boating, skiing and all the other aspects for which you choose Tahoe are going to be right out your back door. How about a vacation without taxis, public transport, valets, parking meters and parking garages! Like the idea of your ski rentals brought to you, private tours or your meals catered in - - just ask your reservationist for our recommendations or e-mail our guest service Department at [email protected].
5. Privacy - Private backyards and neighborhoods, private pools and hot tubs, private decks and patios, quiet neighborhoods for family walks...life is busy enough without needing your room key to get into the pool area of the hot tub and then still have to wonder who you'll be sharing your soaking time with in the public hotel hot tub. Privacy is priceless!
6. Snow removal and covered parking - We include snow removal during your stay! Don’t give up your precious time or those precious ski muscles cleaning off your vehicles or shoveling your entire driveway when you should be "on the 1st chair" headed for that dream filled Powder Day at one of Lake Tahoe’s Destination Resorts. Be the first to get to the Peak, with Peak Tahoe Rentals! Our snow removal vendors come when more than 4" accumulates...and it often snows more than 4", spend your time playing not working -- make sure to ask our competition if they provide snow removal during your stay AND if they expect you to shovel to the hot tub or not!
Are your homes handicapped accessible and/or ADA approved?
Not necessarily. It is not a industry standard for private rental homes to be ADA approved. However we make every effort to accommodate all of our guests’ needs. Please ask our Reservation Team or Guest Service Representative for specifics of homes that would best fit any special needs. We have several homes that have the main living areas and at least one bedroom on the entry level and we can provide door measurements, toilet heights and outline the stair configuration of the home so you have a clear understanding before choosing the location for your Tahoe Dream Vacation.
Can I preview the home before finalizing my booking?
Yes, we can often make arrangements for you see the home before you make your final payment, given another guest is not in the home. First make sure to view our online Virtual Tours which add valuable insight to the layout of the home, setting and amenities.
How do I contact Peak Tahoe Rentals to get the service I need?
1.) Reservation Team: [email protected]
Quotes, terms, assistance with picking the right home
2.) Guest Service Team: [email protected]
Assistance before, during and after your stay.
3.) Real Estate Sales: [email protected]
See our Real Estate Section and information on Erik J. Maliska, Realtor(CA Lic. # 01726854)
4.) Property Manager: [email protected]
5.) If an Emergency: please call 911
6.) Other Emergencies (plumbing leaks, heating concerns…etc). Please e-mail Guest Services AND call main office number below.
7.) Need further assistance OR faster response?
A.) Our phone line is monitored 24 hours per day/7 Days a week for text messages, voice calls and voice messages. Please only use this line after 9pm if the concern cannot wait until the next day.
B.) If it is not an emergency that needs immediate attention please contact the applicable department via e-mail and CC: the Property Manager if you feel you are not getting the assistance you deserve and Manager will ensure you are provided A Higher Level of Service as we promise our guests.
8.) Telephone/Office Phone: (530) 318-7059 (please do not text or call after 9pm unless an emergency that cannot wait until the next morning).